My Place Aotearoa provides individualised and flexible supports to people with disability and their whānau/families, with the vision of being fully inclusive. The team works in partnership with clients in their own home and provides support that meets their individual needs and preferences from people that they choose and trust.
Managing Director Rangi Pouwhare is passionate about building personalised relationships with each client and empowering them to live the life that they want. She explains:
“We don’t use the word support worker. We call ourselves pouāwhina/personal assistants, and support individuals with disability in living how they choose to. We aim to provide quality above all else.
“Without much guidance from the disability space, it wasn’t clear how to action the necessary background checks, or where to look. I knew that I wanted something easy to use, and after a brief Google, CVCheck appeared as one of the top providers,” says Rangi.
- Ensure that every employee has a Children’s Worker Safety Check, and is fit to take care of, and be responsible for, those living with disability.
- To grow the My Place Aotearoa team in a careful and considered way that ensures every member – regardless of role – is a suitable fit for the disability sector.
- To form a relationship with a background screening provider that My Place Aotearoa can trust and rely on, on an ongoing basis.
Since partnering with CVCheck, My Place Aotearoa now runs checks on every individual on the team – whether they’re office based or in the field – because at some stage they will interact with clients. They benefit from the following:
- Ability to place bulk checks with ease
- Live status updates
- Fast results
- Dedicated account manager
- Efficiency and accuracy of information provided
- Value for money
“These checks provide a second professional opinion that supports all our hiring decisions. We feel comforted by the authenticity of the check, and that they are thorough to the point that no risk is posed to our organisation, or the whānau/families that we work with, after an individual has been verified by CVCheck,” finishes Rangi.
For the full client story on My Place Aotearoa, click here.