Online talent platforms are the heart and soul of the gig economy, and they have the capacity to boost economies around the world. But in a crowded sector where established players like Uber and Airbnb hold the monopoly, new entrants must take a lateral approach in order to compete with the gig-economy giants.
Joel Kleber, Chief Digital Officer at GoBlitz, explains the risks that contractors can pose to both customers and employers, and shares how implementing proper screening procedures has helped the business rise above its competition.
“GoBlitz is essentially a ‘job broker’ where we are bringing a buyer (customer) and seller (contractor) together,” he says. “However, if something goes wrong then the customer will ultimately hold the site who facilitated the experience accountable.
“We built our system to counteract the problems that we see with the current big players. GoBlitz is the simpler, fairer and more cost-effective way for contractors to get quality leads. It’s also a place for customers to find service providers they can trust.
“Our contractors are of high quality and expertise – our survey and checking system weeds out any bad contractors very quickly,” Joel explains.
- Provide screening and checking solutions for GoBlitz’s contractors.
- Provide peace of mind for GoBlitz’s customers, by visibly displaying which contractors have been verified.
Kleber says before joining the GoBlitz family, potential contractors now must undergo three checks:
- Police check – “If we didn’t do this, liability would fall back to us for providing the customer’s details to someone with a criminal background.”
- ABN check – “This is important so that we know they are operating legally.”
- General background search – “Most contractors of note will have some sort of online presence. So looking at their online reviews and Facebook business pages will give us a great idea about their reliability, service level, and customer service.”
Now that CVCheck is integrated with GoBlitz’s offering, Kleber says the before-and-after difference is startling.
“Before our integration (of CVCheck’s products), we were flying blindly. We could’t tell a customer for certain that their contractor was police checked. It was left up to a customer to ask the contractor for the relevant verification, thus leading to a sub-optimal experience.
“Now, customers can see it online, and our call centre operators know for certain that the contractor being engaged has a current police check. It adds an extra level of trust to our system and our brand – and that is essential in our marketplace.
“We want to keep pushing and striving towards being the most trusted place on the web to find a highly skilled contractor. CVCheck is an essential part to achieving this core goal,” Joel finishes.
For the full client story on GoBlitz, click here.